Craniosacral therapy is a gentle form of bodywork that allows the therapist to connect with the cerebrospinal fluid in and around the brain and spinal cord. The therapist can actually connect with each of the fluid systems in the client’s body in order to support a healthy flow throughout the body as a whole. There is an inherent health inside this fluid that can be encouraged to awaken. The therapist will sense the rhythmic pulses in order to find stillpoints or other naturally occurring phenomena. Each stillpoint is a break or point of rest in the body which helps restore that system. Therapists palpate and sense the full expression of the health within the body and support the client to come to an embodied wholeness. These expressions remind our body of a time before it developed patterns or behaviors that may have become fixed or disruptive over time.
About craniosacral therapy
Craniosacral therapy is used for a wide range of health conditions. Since craniosacral therapy works with the inherent health of the body, it is often used as a preventive treatment as well as a therapy for acute conditions. During a craniosacral treatment the therapist will use light touch (no more than five grams of pressure) in order to release tensions held in the client’s body. Craniosacral therapy is reminiscent of a deep meditation and clients typically find the treatment relaxing and soothing.
What conditions can be helped by craniosacral therapy?
- Craniosacral therapy can be used after experiencing physical or emotional trauma. Traumas can create new patterns in the body that result in emotional or inflammatory response. Receiving craniosacral therapy, especially within a consistent treatment plan, can provide relief.
- Chronic conditions and traumatic brain injury
- Stress and tension-related disorders
- Motor-coordination impairments
- Infant and childhood disorders
- Brain and spinal cord injuries
- Chronic fatigue
- TMJ syndrome
- Central nervous system disorders
- Learning disabilities
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Orthopedic problems
- And other conditions
Why choose Lotus Center for craniosacral therapy?
Lotus Massage & Wellness Center offers you the biodynamic form of Craniosacral Therapy – one of two methods most recognized and respected by the health care community. There are no legal requirements for practicing craniosacral therapy, and therapists at some massage venues have only received a few hours of training. Our practitioner has completed every level of training in order to become certified and continues to attend formal professional continuing education courses.